At Carbyon, protecting your privacy is in our best interest. This privacy statement is meant to give you insight regarding the personal data we collect from you when you browse on the Website and how we process it.
What kinds of personal data does Carbyon process?
Carbyon collects and processes various types of personal data in order to offer you high quality services. The kinds of data vary by different interactions, but never exceeds the data you have explicitly provided.
Data provided by you:
Contact details: When you sign up for Carbyon’s digital newsletter, by filling in a contact form, or when you place a reservation, you must enter your first name, last name, phone number, email address and address. We only process this data in order to provide you with the asked information or for processing your reservation.
IP-address and your use of the Website: Upon each visit to the Website your (fixed our temporary) IP address is detected. We process these data for technical and functional management in order to ensure our Website is easy to use.
Information included in résumés: in case you are interested in applying for a job at Carbyon, you are able to submit your résumé to us. Moreover, additional information can be sent, such as reference letters. In other words, by applying for a job your personal data such as name, address, age or date of birth, gender, e-mail address, telephone number and resumé will be utilized for the registration, consideration and processing of your application. If Carbyon does not hire you, your information will be deleted within 4 (four) weeks after your application unless otherwise agreed between you and Carbyon in writing.
Cookies-related information: cookies will collect information when you visit our Website related to your use of the Website, depending on which categories of cookies you have given consent to. For more information, read the cookie statement below.
The goal of processing
In most of the situations we use your personal data to inform you about Carbyon. More specifically, We process your data for the following purposes:
- To contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To process your reservation;
- To keep track of our administration;
- To develop and improve our communication methods and the functionality of our website;
- To provide information to you and to manage your registration to our newsletter or other communications;
- To authenticate your identity in case you contact us by electronic means or otherwise;
We will not process your data for any other purpose which is not mentioned above unless we are obligated to do so by law.
Transfer of data to affiliated companies
Part of the processing of your personal data may include sending your data to one or more companies affiliated with Carbyon, to the extent this is necessary or relevant for handling your request or application. If required under applicable laws, We do not process this data without your consent.
How long do we retain your personal data?
Without prejudice to your rights, mentioned in the paragraph below, Carbyon stores your personal data only as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned in the previous paragraph. For purposes based on your consent, data processing ends when you decide to withdraw such consent. In case Carbyon anonymizes data, Carbyon may retain this data for statistical and analytical purposes.
Use by third parties
Carbyon will not provide your personal data to third parties, unless:
- You have given your explicit consent to do so;
- It is necessary in connection with an agreement established between you and Carbyon;
- It is necessary in order to take certain pre-contractual measures in connection with a request you have made, where such measures are required to conclude an agreement. This includes an application for a job at Carbyon;
- Carbyon is compelled to cooperate in a valid legal process, such as the serving or receiving of a subpoena, complying with a request of the courts or initiating legal proceedings;
We always conclude a data processing agreement if your data is transferred to third parties.
Carbyon has implemented the necessary security measures to protect against the loss, unlawful use and alteration of the data you provide. These safety measures are constantly being improved in line with technological developments.
What kind of rights are you entitled to?
According to the GDPR, you have certain rights concerning your personal data collected and processed by Us. These rights enable you to retain control over the information concerning you, preventing unlawfulness or inaccuracy, and ensure transparency and trust between you and Us.
If you wish to receive more information about the exercise of your rights, please contact our legal department (contact details are provided below).
- Right to access: you are entitled to ask Us information regarding the processing of your personal data, such as which kind of data was stored, how it was collected and the purposes for processing.
- Right to rectification: you are entitled to ask Us for the rectification/completion of inaccurate/incomplete personal data concerning you.
- Right to erasure: you are entitled to ask Us of the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- data are no longer needed for the purposes they were collected and processed for;
- you withdraw your consent previously provided for processing operations;
- data have been unlawfully processed;
- data have to be erased in the light of a legal obligation We are subject to.
- Right to restriction of processing: you are entitled to ask Us for the restriction of processing of personal data concerning you where one of the following grounds applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling Us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request the restriction of their use instead of erasure;
- personal data are no longer needed to be processed by Us and you require them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability: if the personal data processing had either consent or contractual performance as a legal basis, you are entitled to receive the personal data concerning you, in electronic format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- Right to object: you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data at any time. We reserve the right to keep processing data under compelling legitimate interests. You are entitled to object to processing for direct advertising at any time, which will cease upon request.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you do not have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another.
What kind of cookies does Carbyon use?
We collect the following cookies:
|Type of cookie
||Purpose of cookie
||To offer the basic functionality of the Website and to remember the cookie settings as set by you. Without these cookies, the Website cannot function properly.
|Cookies that remember your preferences
||To remember information about you in the way you use a Website, for example from which region you are operating and which language you use.
Please feel free to contact us in case of complaints about our processing of your personal data. In case of a complaint, We ask you to contact Us via the contact details as set out below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, under the European privacy legislation, you also have the right to file a complaint directly with the Dutch Authority for the Protection of Personal Data (In Dutch: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) about the way We process your personal data.
Carbyon holding B.V.
High Tech Campus 27
5656 AE Eindhoven
Chamber of Commerce number: 75679590