We are growing our bright and passionate team dedicated to closing the CO2 cycle.
You have the skills and are looking for the right purpose?
Who are we?
We are Carbyon, a deep tech start-up developing a system to capture CO2 directly from the atmosphere. Our breakthrough technology turns CO2 into an affordable resource, rather than troublesome waste!
We are using patented thin film processing, developed at TNO, to achieve the lowest capturing cost in the field. Tackling climate change will become economically viable!
Who are we looking for?
You “breathe” chemistry and have a Ph.D. in this subject or equivalent working experience (at least 3-5 years), relevant to the must-have topics summarized in the bullets below.
Your English is fluent, both spoken and written. You are energized by our purpose: putting a halt to climate change! You are eager to take a leap in our start-up company and you know that it means doing much more than just your technical part. You show to be capable of prioritizing problems, meeting deadlines, analyzing and resolving complex issues.
You must bring the following to the table:
- A core background in (physical) chemistry and demonstrable, relevant experience in the field of surface science, specifically reaction kinetics and solid-gas interface chemistry.
- A proven track record in working with and maintaining gas and vacuum (experimental) setups, specifically in the field of mass spectrometry.
- Rock solid experience with analysis techniques for surface chemistry, e.g., spectroscopic techniques.
- You are living on commuting distance from Eindhoven or are able/willing to move there, because that’s where our magic happens!
Next to these essentials, it would be very nice if you bring in proficient Python skills.
What do we offer you?
- Becoming part of a compact, effective and highly multidisciplinary team.
- The opportunity to make a difference!
- Highly varied work: everything needs attention in a start-up, so … never a dull moment.
- Fine salary and working conditions.
If you are fully committed to take this role, please send your motivation letter and resume to Marco Arts,
firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is set to April 15, 2021.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated. Resumes which are introduced without prior agreement will not be considered.
We recruit qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, or disability.