We are on a mission!
At Carbyon, we are devoted to work on the big problems of our time. We are a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds and are working relentlessly to make a lasting impact on climate change. What binds us is the passion that we share for our purpose: closing the CO2 cycle.
Who is Carbyon?
Carbyon is a startup originating from the HighTechXL Venture Building program. Using patented thin film technology and high-precision mechatronics, we build the equipment that captures CO2 out of ambient air.
This recycled CO2 can be used to make renewable energy sources. These can be applied in situations – like long-distance transport – for which no practical sustainable alternatives are available. In this way, traffic like aviation, shipping and trucking can be made fully carbon neutral!
This is the right challenge for you if you like to work in an ambitious, diverse and fast-growing team that is on a mission. You’ll get the unique opportunity to make the team, product and business grow from nearly scratch!
What will you do as Senior System Architect?
The Senior System Architect is responsible for gathering overall functional and system requirements and translating these into a high-level system design. He/she ensures the technical realization of a product or (sub)system is realized accordingly.
Besides technical baggage it is indispensable that the Senior System Architect manages all stakeholders that can influence the product development process. That means not only the development team members and suppliers, but also with the management team, investors, customers and end users.
What do we expect from a Senior System Architect?
To succeed in our fast-growing startup, it is crucial that you are energized by our purpose. You can create and build from scratch, quality minded, a team player, flexible and stress resilient. In short: you are a smart and responsible professional. And where it comes to your expertise, you tell us what to do instead of the other way around.
Furthermore, you’ll bring:
- A Master’s degree in applied science, preferably mechanical engineering
- At least 5 years of senior experience as System Architect in high-precision mechatronicsproduct development
- A multi-disciplinary set of skills to cover required aspects of designing high-endmechatronics systems: technical, business and human
- The ability to understand the impact of application-specific aspects and translate that towards the design process appropriately
- Experience in scaling engineering teams that balance rapid innovation and an overall sustainable system
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, meet deadlines,analyze and resolve issues
- Be a proven relationship builder with cultural awareness of working within a diverse and international environment
- Highly evolved interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- An energetic, confident, approachable and authentic personality. And … fun to work with!
- You speak and write English fluently.
- It is a plus if you have significant experience in the areas: high-precision design, thermalanalysis, gas flow dynamics, motion control, testing and validation, FMEA analysis, safety regulations and type approvals (e.g. CE).
If you are fully committed to take this role, please send your motivation letter and resume to Marco Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated. Resumes which are introduced without prior agreement will not be considered.