Our ambition is to reach gigaton scale in the 2030s and substantially contribute to mitigating climate change
Carbyon envisions and will contribute to a future where fossil carbon is entirely replaced by atmospheric carbon – all while reversing historical emissions.
Will you join us to develop the next generation carbon removal equipment that captures CO2 directly out of ambient air?
Our breakthrough technology enables extreme energy efficiency and low manufacturing costs, turning it into an economically viable solution that can be scaled up worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
You are a proficient medior/senior PLC engineer with at least 5 years of working experience. You are the expert who masters the interface between electronics and software like no other. You really get things working and can readily apply your skills to different applications, like PLC, developing experimental setups, and GUIs.
Your English is fluent, both spoken and written. You are energized by our purpose: to reverse climate change! You are eager to take a leap into our startup and know that this requires you to do more than “just your part of the puzzle”. You can prioritize problems, meet deadlines, analyze and cut through complex problems.
You must bring the following to the table:
- A strong interest in electronics to support one-off experimental setup development and ability to guide hardware component selection and define communication protocols.
- Strong programming skills to bring new setups to life and improves/optimize existing setups.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with PLC programming; Siemens Step7 (TIAportal) is currently used in our current setups.
- You are living on commuting distance from Eindhoven or are willing to move there, because that’s where our magic happens!
- Nice to have: A strong background in software engineering with relevant experience in the aforementioned application fields; Python is presently preferred at Carbyon.
What do we offer you?
- Halftime or fulltime are both possible (to be discussed).
- Become part of a fun, effective and multidisciplinary team.
- The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a real difference to one of the biggest challenges of our time!
- Highly varied work: everything needs attention in a start-up, so … never a dull moment.
- Fine salary and working conditions.
- Estimated starting date: May 1, 2022. (to be discussed).
If you are fully committed to take this role, please send your motivation letter and resume to Marco Arts (details below).
Apply before April 1, 2022.
+31 631 999 375