Our ambition is to reach gigaton scale in the 2030s and substantially contribute to mitigating climate change
Carbyon envisions and will contribute to a future where fossil carbon is entirely replaced by atmospheric carbon – all while reversing historical emissions.
Will you join us to develop the next generation carbon removal equipment that captures CO2 directly out of ambient air?
Our breakthrough technology enables extreme energy efficiency and low manufacturing costs, turning it into an economically viable solution that can be scaled up worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
You are a resourceful medior/senior mechanical system designer with at least 3 years of relevant working experience. You know how to work together in multidisciplinary teams but also independently. You are adept at working out physics engineering calculations to support your mechanical choices (e.g., thermal, strength and stiffness…) and converting them into (partial) machine designs. You can prioritize problems, work under pressure and meet deadlines, analyze and cut through complex problems.
You are capable of leading sub-projects with a small team of colleagues and/or with external partners.
Your English is fluent, both spoken and written. You are energized by our purpose: to reverse climate change! You are eager to take a leap into our startup and know that this requires you to do more than “just your part of the puzzle”.
You must bring the following to the table:
- A strong background in multidisciplinary engineering (mechanical/machine design (CAD: UG-NX), physics, thermal).
- The ability to keep a high-level overview over all aspects involved and to zoom in on all small details.
- Experience in working with external partners for joint development.
- You are living on commuting distance from Eindhoven or are willing to move there, because that’s where our magic happens!
What do we offer you?
- Become part of a fun, effective and multidisciplinary team.
- Design the machines of your life, challenging you on your physics and chemistry knowledge next to the (obvious) machinal engineering and dynamics/control technology.
- The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a real difference to one of the biggest challenges of our time!
- Highly varied work: everything needs attention in a start-up, so … never a dull moment.
- Fine salary and working conditions.
- Estimated starting date: May 1, 2022 (to be discussed).
If you are fully committed to take this role, please send your motivation letter and resume to Marco Arts (details below).
Apply before April 1, 2022.
+31 631 999 375